CAPSTONE Alert Management
Managing Alerts for Product Integrity and Authenticity
Aerospace firms are tasked with navigating a sea of alerts to stay informed. Critical information comes from all directions, whether internally or from customers or GIDEP. The notifications can range from counterfeit parts to obsolescent software, conflict materials, and everything in between.
CAPSTONE’s Alert Management module makes it easy to track pertinent alerts and document what action is taken, if any. This saves time and streamlines the compliance requirements of AS9100, ISO9001, AS5553 and AS6174.
Here’s how it works:
- The aerospace firm or business unit selects which alerts they receive based on the product codes they are working with. For example, structural parts, raw material, electronic components, computer equipment, software, etc. This ensures they are not inundated with all types of alerts.
- a) Affected components details can further be recorded in the system. For example, connector socket, self-locking nut, diode, bolts, converter, IC, silicone etc.
- b) Generally the source of the alert is known (ie. GIDEP, Supplier, NASA, or internal).
- The designated user receives the alert and then using workflow consults with appropriate leads in legal, ITAR etc. to determine if the organization need to take steps relevant to this alert.
- The actions taken by each business unit in the organization is recorded and CAPA, if needed can be created within CAPSTONE.
- The alerts may also be categorized internally. For example, by conflict minerals, failures, counterfeit suspects, etc
The alert system allows various business units to handle the same notification differently. One department may choose to mark it as “information bulletin”, while a more impacted department may select “alert – action required.” This is especially useful for larger organizations.
A record is kept of everything, allowing for complete transparency. Reports are easy to generate and can be segmented by business unit or project so users only see what matters to them. The module can be maintained in the cloud or on-site, and seamlessly integrates with existing business systems and other CAPSTONE modules.
Program managers can now stay informed of applicable alerts – without all the noise.
Superior alert management.